Monday, July 20, 2009

from the Battery to the gallery

Back to New York, and my last trip blog (sad, I know). I haven't had much to say recently, because I got a cold. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do sick well, and so I stayed in bed for the 2 days I was in Philadelphia. It sucked, because Philadelphia is a really pretty city, and I would have liked to see it. But, it was more important to get better, rather than worse. By the way, I don't think it was swine flu, but it may have been! I knew all the travelling and being in hostels and public transport would take its toll eventually.
So today I was finally feeling my touristy self, and went trundling off to the bottom of Manhattan island for the obligatory cruise to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. It was a beautiful morning, a great day for being on a boat. So here is me on Liberty Island:
She's not as big as I thought. And here is me with Manhattan in the background (yes, I have resorted to taking pictures of myself with my outstretched hand)
After that I sat in Battery Park for a while and watched the world go by while I ate a true New York hot dog!
Then I went back up the island with the intention of going up the Empire State, however when I got there the wait time was an hour, and I was feeling peckish. So I wandered around Midtown instead, around Times Square and Broadway. Then I went to check out St Patricks Cathedral:And was just in time for Mass. So, bonus points from Mum, that's 2 masses in 3 weeks!
And so that's about it from me. I do have another full day in New York before I leave on Tuesday, however due to some amazing financial work on my behalf, I will be spending the day pumping money into New York's retail sector. And I don't think I need to blog about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment