Friday, July 3, 2009

I smile just because I got a City Love

So, first full day in NYC. And what a day. I got my stalking gear on, and headed down to NYU (I'm so going there one day, it's a beautiful campus) and Washington Square Park, to watch the filming of Remember Me, starring Robert Pattinson. For those who have been living under a rock, or are my family, he's the guy from Twilight.
Anyway, after a while of watching Emilie de Ravin (from Lost) film her scene, and a mega-thunderstorm (that I hid from in Starbucks), Rob came out and filmed his scene. The pictures aren't great, but I still got to watch him for 30 minutes!! Let's play spot the vampire (hint: he's in the beige shirt 2nd from left):
After that, I headed further down to the World Trade Centre. There isn't much to see in terms of Ground Zero, because they've started construction there, but I hid from a second thunderstorm in St Paul's Chapel, which played a major part in 9/11.
And finally, I headed to Times Square. It wasn't as amazing as last night when I drove through it on the way from the Airport, but it was still pretty cool. And the best part? The M&Ms store. Yup, a whole 3 floors dedicated to the tasty little candy.

And I managed to ride the subway all over the city! It's great, really fast and not scary at all.
Tomorrow, the Met and Central Park.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having a great time. Not sure about the family comment!!! I know about Twilight! Great photos. We're off to Wellington this afternoon. Hope you didn't eat too many M&M's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! There's an M&Ms Store!!! I'm glad you are having fun hun! Lucky you getting to perve at R-Pattz and the chapel looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete